Topic Sponsor
Super Duty Forum Talk about Super Duty and Heavy Duty Ford trucks here.

Fuse box without a GEM

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2019, 02:19 PM
vertical pin buster

Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts

Default Fuse box without a GEM

Ill try to make a long story short.
2004 f250 xl super crew 5.4 6 speed manual. My headlights came on the other day and would not shut off. Only burning about 50% with the switch off. I dropped my fuse box thinking it was bad GEM from water damage. I dropped it and there is no GEM. Just a bunch of plugs and a single power supply. So pulled the plug side off the and seen a burnt spot off of what i guessing is the headlight area. So i went to the super duty grave yard near here and found the exact panel, other the then the last 2 digits. put it in and everything is working other then my radio witch is a different issue, I THINK. So do i need to have this flashed? The only electronics in the truck is my dash. Gages swept after i hooked the battery back up. Mileage is right. Blower motor is working and turn signles work. Ford garage cant give me a stright anwser mostly because thet havent heard of a non GEM fuse box.
I just dont want to have an issue later because i think its right. Then later my battery get low then something reset and im stranded some where with no clue whats going on.
Old 10-28-2019, 07:33 AM

Received 940 Likes on 743 Posts

2004 Super Duty trucks don't have a GEM module. 2001 was the last year for that configuration.

Last edited by ProjectSHO89; 10-28-2019 at 07:59 AM.
Old 11-13-2019, 08:17 PM
vertical pin buster

Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts

Well its been a couple of weeks.. hell ridden weeks. This all started the 2nd week of October. My clutch plate exploded. Got all that tore spart and ordered 700 dollars worth of parts,And promptly got laid off. I got the clutch in and it was like the next day after going for parts for the wifes expedition and my headlights came on and stayed on to discover the fuse panel board burned up. Another 140 later and the lights finally go off. But no radio. So i put a add a buss in the engine control fuse. This cuased my running lights fuse to blow, and no cluster lights. So i pulled it out and now everything works.
The the radio is not working because the constant power wire is not getting power. I poked and tested everything. I cant figure it out. Does any one knkw where a safe fuse is to *** for constant power. Thats not gonna cause more issues.

Quick Reply: Fuse box without a GEM