Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

How bad is it to offroad in your daily?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2016, 11:04 AM

Received 5,826 Likes on 4,854 Posts

Originally Posted by Tackle
Jbrew. That air filter. Lol!
I know lol. Air/Marine filter. That thing was ringing wet. When we first removed it, it was twisted and sucked together.

It was a good looking truck when she first brought it home. Her first vehicle, -

Old 04-05-2016, 01:16 PM
Title

Received 498 Likes on 414 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueBird17
Just got it fixed, it was cylinder 4. I didn't have the tools or really knew how to replace the plug on this motor so I had to have my mechanic do it because I needed to be able to drive today. Cost 150$
Per this response I'd suggest not mudding unless you've got deep pockets. This is an expensive game to play if you can't even change a coil/plug and also don't have a second vehicle.
Old 04-05-2016, 04:01 PM
Sh!tllbuffout

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueBird17
Just got it fixed, it was cylinder 4. I didn't have the tools or really knew how to replace the plug on this motor so I had to have my mechanic do it because I needed to be able to drive today. Cost 150$
Hopefully he/she used Motorcraft parts. At that price Id be skeptical. IIRC I 'only' had about $100 including parts/tools. here on out itll only be about $70 each now that I have the tools.

And all of you lovely folks here!
Old 04-05-2016, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Heavy_Metal
Hopefully he/she used Motorcraft parts. At that price Id be skeptical. IIRC I 'only' had about $100 including parts/tools. here on out itll only be about $70 each now that I have the tools.

And all of you lovely folks here!
Who are you calling lovely ?

Yea, you got the wrong idea I expect.
Old 04-05-2016, 05:06 PM
Sh!tllbuffout

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Jbrew
Who are you calling lovely ?

Yea, you got the wrong idea I expect.
Anyone who helped me save $50!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Old 04-05-2016, 05:34 PM

Received 6,739 Likes on 4,814 Posts

Originally Posted by Jbrew
Which is worse? This was the filter that was in my Expedition when my Buddy gave it to me.

Old 04-05-2016, 05:35 PM

Received 692 Likes on 569 Posts

Looks like you just splashed through some dirty water lol. I don't mud anymore it gets expensive and I'm not a fan of washing the truck every weekend. Guess I'm getting old but when I did mud it was through MUD not dirty water. Where are all the big clumps of mud? It will get expensive eventually. Enjoy it while your young but only if you can afford it!
Old 04-05-2016, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by StephenG
Looks like you just splashed through some dirty water lol. I don't mud anymore it gets expensive and I'm not a fan of washing the truck every weekend. Guess I'm getting old but when I did mud it was through MUD not dirty water. Where are all the big clumps of mud? It will get expensive eventually. Enjoy it while your young but only if you can afford it!
That's what I thought first thing lol. Mudding 4 wheeling. After we went mudding I recall hunting` down car washes. We were banned soon after using them , only once! They were always owned by old angry men that didn't like are mud plugging up the drains and obliterating the stalls. It got to the point they would wait for us to come only to run us off the property. CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?

It was fun while it lasted and to let you in on something, we never could afford it. Purdy much a group effort keeping the trucks going. I've woke up the next to find my passenger side mirror missing and a headlight hanging by the wires. I've had to borrow peoples boot laces to keep one of my front wheels straight enough to travel. Had to run the river to rescue a Jeep Cherokee that lost traction and floated down stream lol. That was touch and go since the currant was working against , , the river had some deep spots.

Yea Big clods of mud and clay, - if you didn't wash them off soon it would be like clods of jbweld all over the truck.

Those were muding days and 4wheeling. The trucks were mostly thrashers and they were also DD's. No one had two vehicles that I can recall and drove their parents vehicles when the truck was down.

Didn't everyone go through that phase in life?

Last edited by Jbrew; 04-05-2016 at 06:37 PM.
Old 04-05-2016, 07:00 PM

Received 6,739 Likes on 4,814 Posts

I've been in plenty o' pickles with friends wheeling. Luckily I got a good example of just how expensive the hobby is before I had a truck. I high centered my 91 Explorer once while wheeling by myself. That sucked, bad. My old man was not happy to come rescue me. As I recall, I made him late for a flight, lol.
Old 04-06-2016, 03:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I eventually want to invest in the hobby. Right now my truck is only a 2wd, almost 200000 miles on it and my daily driver to school and work. So its not a truck I want to break apart. It was also my first truck and a handme down from my grandmother. So im saving up for either a bronco, or a older f150.

Quick Reply: How bad is it to offroad in your daily?